Monday, September 2, 2013

Monday, Monday, Monday! (by Julala)

Yes, is Monday and today I will be back in the facilitators chair space on the floor to welcome you all to a riveting discussion about....*drumroll*

Hypocrisy and advice - why we don't practice what we preach in D/s

We've heard it a hundred times..."take your time", "don't rush in to a D/s relationship", "don't accept a collar too soon", "don't give a collar too soon", "meet in a public place", "don't give out your personal details", "don't lend money", etc, etc.  It's all excellent advice.  And often given by those who never took it themselves.

Why do we continue to dispense this kind of advice when it seems very few people take it?  Do you not value the lessons you learned yourself by taking and making mistakes?  Do you think that other people will not be as lucky/clever/strong as you to face similar lessons?  I have seen so many people saying "well...the way that I found this relationship was not the norm ....and I wouldn't recommend it...but..." 

And I am as guilty as the next person.  I have taken risks....I have rushed in....I have done silly, dangerous things.....AND I recognise the value I gained from doing them....and yet...my advice to others is not to.


Come thrash this one out with me today (Monday 2nd September) at 12pm SLT at the Temple of Discussion on Respect sim. Discussion is voice led but text also very welcome. Everyone welcome.

No comments: