Monday, October 24, 2011

Introduction - Decembre (Dece)

Ohai there! My name is Decembre... Dece for short... though my full in-world name is decembredemetra Resident. There's really no cool story behind my name, like people like to think there is. Honestly, I was looking for names on babynames.com and I found one of their alphabetical listings saying that I could look at names "Decembre - Demetra" and I thought they would be fun to put together. Of course, the 'demetra' part that I was using as a last name will become a moot point here soon. Master and I are getting married!

But I'm getting ahead of myself. (Warning: I do this a lot...)

I started SL on my original face almost 3 years ago (will be 3 years in December, ironically enough), so please don't count me as a noob just because of my age. While I'm not "Class of '04" material or anything, I do still know my way around the grid a bit, and I have at least one friend who will testify to the fact that she would "fail SecondLife" without me. Lol! I just do my best to be helpful. But yes... don't let the born date fool you. I've been around awhile.

I am, admittedly, still a bit new to the D/s and BDSM lifestyle both in SL and in RL. I've been involved in D/s in SL since I started, so only about 3 years... and I spent two of those years thinking I was a submissive. Since the first baby steps I took into RL about a year ago, and the Mentors that I gained about 7 months ago, I have found my true identity in the lifestyle: I am, without a doubt, a Sadomasochistic Switch. Please don't let this scare you. I'm more of a brat than anything else. :-D

With that being said, what I'm hoping to contribute to this blog would be posts that I intend to title "Confessions of a Switch". I tend to try and find a common thread when I'm contributing to a group-run blog, and I feel like this is the insight I can offer to you all... confessions and insights into Switching from a Switch's perspective. I'm hoping that I can be a help and a positive contribution to this space.

Again, my in-world name is decembredemetra Resident. I *love* making new friends, and my IMs are always open... especially as I start to get into posting here, if any of you have any questions, concerns, or just want to chat. I look forward to my posting time here and reading the other contributions from this gifted, educational group of individuals. Thank you so much, Mir, for this opportunity.

In submission, Dominance, service, and love:
Dece

1 comment:

Meadow said...

Hi, Dece! I am looking forward to your thoughts. (congratulations on your impending marriage, too!)

Meadow