Greetings one and all.
This is the first blog of what I do hope becomes many. The desire for this is to promote the BDSM lifestyle and relive some of my journeys through what I've experienced and things I see around me.
Important things to note in my blog is the fact I will speak of "My" experiences and the opinions stated by me are indeed "Mine" Please do not hold anyone else accountable for my words. Now, with that said, onto a little introduction.
I entered the realm of BDSM quite some time ago. I have been called by many a "Natural Alpha Male" I am still unclear on the exact meaning of that, perhaps I am just normally bossy. *chuckles* I had my first 24/7 submissive slave at the ripe old age of 26, and have enjoyed many, many experiences since then. I am a male, label myself a homosexual, and mentor the youth, among others, when I am able. I believe that if we do not help each other through what we have gone through, often times the lessons are not as profound as they could be.
What fuels me most is the bond two can have, when the match is correct. So dear Sir, what makes a good match? I am so happy you asked! In my opinion the two should be honest above all, and with that honesty the first person you need to be honest with is yourself. What? How very dare you, Sir! Yes I know, I am a right prude when it comes to people pretending to be this or that.. odd I know since I am a Thel in Second Life. Ok, so what do I mean then? You have to first be truthful about what you want. Entering into a dynamic relationship such as one in D/s or M/s is best entered with an understanding of your desires and what you hope to gain from them.
Starting down the road to your perfect Dom, or delightful sub starts on well thought out stepping stones. There truely is someone for everyone, so to get the best from it, be honest.
Trust is a huge part as well. The ability to really be who you are with someone who does not take it for granted is a remarkable reality. I cannot tell you how many relationships I have seen fail because one or the other is not forthcoming about desires. Well, it is like the old saying 'If you do not tell me what is broken, I cannot fix it.' Communication is a vital part of it all.
Well, that should get things rolling at least. I am interested to chat with all of you and do hope this blog is something that helps others on their road to success. I am open to questions or topics you would like to hear my two cents on. For the shy ones, you may send an in-game notecard to me, Epic Tank, and I'll address the topic here in the blog. All blogs of mine will be titled "World in my eyes" as to make them easy to find.
Until next time, be well and be yourself.
Epic
1 comment:
Thank You very very much for Your blog entry, dear Sir Epic :). It was an enjoyment to read the first piece of the World in your Eyes and I am looking forward to the next! I completely agree with You that building up a solid D/s relationship has to start with self awareness, open communication (of needs for example), and trust. I like that You also underlined that it is about being who one is. It is not about learning a role. It is about self actualization within the relationship with the partner who does the same: being onself. I have to think of what people in SL sometimes say "I want to learn how to become a Domme". Hmmm ... Let's put three ??? and !!! there. Let's play with the words in such a sentence a bit ... "I am Dominant and I want to learn how to responsibly live my being together with a submissive partner." Aha okay ... with self-awareness and dynamic self-development before and during the process, it might work. A word about trust ... trust in an intimate partner also involves that we dare to "impose" ourselves fully on the partner, weaknesses and fears and all in us we consider negative and would rather shove under the carpet, and that we trust in our partner's ability to handle this - to handle us as we are. A D/s bond of matching partners is very very strong. Don't You be reluctant to be what You are :-)
written by mirjam
Post a Comment