It has been about two and a half years since I joined the virtual world of SecondLife. Introduced by a student/submissive male of mine, I found it ludicrous that I would find my niche here, but I gave it a chance and figured he would be around to 'show me the rope' (And no, I didn't get tied up... yet!). Very shortly thereafter, real life invaded and he disappeared to tend to things and I felt my way around only to have been lucky enough to have met "Lord L."
My time with him and his family, however, was not D/s based, but he seemed to have a very deep grasp on it. I honestly had no idea at the time that those that participated in this world, were either very experienced, or were very inexperienced. Even Lord L had a great deal of wisdom that I respected, but it also seemed that he was not an active participant at that time and so I continued to wander finding the do's and don'ts of SL's no-so-underground BDSM lifestyle.
A few bumps and bruises and now almost in my third year, I have managed to merge on a balanced level my SecondLife and my real life backgrounds to help and otherwise council others to help direct them. After almost now 20 years of direct contact with the BDSM lifestyle in real life, and the additional few year's in SecondLife, it has given me a a great insight on both sides of the fence.
As a switch, and a picky switch, I identify well as an Alpha submissive female lately. My dominate traits are a consistent need in my RL everyday duties, and so the balance and downtime are actually needs in order to keep myself at an even keel. Currently I wear a new collar and have enjoyed learning more about myself and even now helping guide and mentor a few others very new to the lifestyle by helping them see beyond their desires, and search for their needs.
I hope to be able to write more on much of the challenges of being a switch, the differences in RL vs SL and more of what we all need to watch for. As an empath it makes it easy to continue to see the horse before the cart, but, in many ways, it is not always a trait that everyone has or knows how to tap. If you have a subject, or question you would like me to address, please, shoot me an email or off-line IM and I will be happy to address your items.
Thanks again Mirjam for this chance and to be a part of the D/S academy!
Bright Blessings,
Mysteri Fallen

1 comment:
Thank You very much for Your first blog entry, Mysteri! I am looking forward to reading more of Your writings. I liked very much that You said that D/s helps You to be in balance and get downtime so that you can be "at an even keel" (love this image!). It is like this for me as well. Due to a responsible job where i need to show a lot of dominant traits, i suffered a lot of stress several years ago. And it is wonderful to feel how living D/s, feeling complete and resting in myself since a few years, is like a protection shell and balm around my soul that prevents me from tearing myself down over "not being able to cope well with every demandment at work". My mind has become a lot calmer, hence my actions a lot more efficient in tackling the stressors where needed. And I can breathe through life and enjoy its scents.
written by mirjam
Post a Comment